This post may contain affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a small commission. Thanks.
Every home and garden needs a great outdoor faucet. They allow for quick and easy outdoor water access and are ideal if you’ve got thirsty plants in your garden.
We’ve got an epic list of the best outdoor faucets for you to pick from.
We know how frustrating it can be to research products online.
Our goal is that you never have to return a product that we recommend because it’s exactly what you wanted.
Here are the 3 main criteria we used to pick the best outdoor faucet:
- Power / efficiency.
You can scroll down to our buyers guide to see why these criteria matter.
At the end of the day, you’re buying a freaking faucet for your backyard. You don’t need the most luxurious product on the market.
You need a faucet that’s durable, powerful, and won’t break the bank.
That’s why our top pick is the Prier P-164D12 Quarter-Turn Faucet. It’s affordable and will get the job done.
Today, we’re going to show you the very best outdoor faucets on the market so that you can find the perfect product for you.
If You’re in a Hurry – My Tops Picks at a Glance
The 10 Best Outdoor Faucets
- Product is manufactured in United States
- Brand name: Prier
- Model number: P-164D12
Our number one best outdoor faucet is the Prier Quarter-Turn Faucet. We gave the Prier the ultimate ranking thanks to its practical design, attractive styling, and sensible price point. If you’re here to find a faucet that will perform perfectly and last forever, you don’t need to look any further.
The faucet is constructed out of brass and finished with a nickel coating. Brass is a material commonly used in hose bibb products since it is rust-resistant and highly durable. The nickel provides extra protection against harsh weather whilst giving the faucet an eye-catching shine.
The Prier hose bibb is a breeze to install and can be ready to use in a matter of minutes. Once you’ve removed your old faucet, simply screw the Prier into place, and you’ll be good to go! The well-designed threads form a tight grip with your water pipe, preventing leaks from developing.
Prier has extended the life of their faucet by including a unique “compression stem system.” This setup uses “00” sized washers instead of ceramic disks that can easily break. If you notice a leak from your faucet, you can simply pop the old washers off and replace them.
In summary, the Prier P-164D12 is a fantastic hose bibb that would be at home in anyone’s garden. This product has more than earned our “Best Overall” rating, and we really can’t recommend it enough.
- Great design – Not only does the Prier Quarter-Turn look great, but it’s also extremely practical. You’ll struggle to find a faucet that is easier to use at this price point.
- Replaceable parts – Unlike many other faucet brands, Prier have introduced replaceable parts into their designs. This greatly increases the lifespan of their products.
- Easy to install – This is one of the easiest faucets to install on this list. The simple screw-in design ensures a stress-free set-up.
- One-color – Although the Prier looks great, it only comes in one color. This can be annoying if the color doesn’t fit with your garden’s design.
- No hot water option – Some of the more advanced faucets offer hot water output. Many people won’t need this, though, so it’s not a major con.
- INSTALLS IN SECONDS: Threaded hose bibb valve requires no...
- COPPER, PEX, CPVC, PE-RT, HDPE: SharkBite Ball Valve...
- PERFORMANCE: Installing a hose bibb, adapter, connector,...
If you’re working on a tight budget, then we’ve got the ideal outdoor faucet for you. The SharkBite Hose Bibb boasts a super-competitive price tag but doesn’t make any sacrifices when it comes to great features.
The SharBite Hose Bibb comes in two different forms – quarter-turn and multi-turn. The quarter-turn is the best choice if you need something that can turn on and off in an instant. The multi-turn provides more control over the water pressure but can be more fiddly to turn off when you’re done.
Both faucets feature a ball-valve fitting, which makes them simple to install on your existing plumbing. A ball valve is compatible with many water pipe materials, including copper, CPVC, PEX, and more.
This SharkBite faucet is also made locally in The USA. In fact, all of SharkBite’s faucets, connectors, and adapters are made right here, which is yet another reason to love the brand.
Despite the low price point of the hose bibb, it’s constructed out of premium materials. It’s this incredible combination of quality and affordability that gave us no choice but to give the SharkBite our “Best Budget Award.”
- Made in The USA – SharkBite manufactures all their products locally, which makes the price of this faucet even more impressive. Expect quality materials and expert handiwork.
- Fantastic price – High-quality features don’t result in a high price. The SharkBite Hose Bibb is super-affordable.
- Two control options – Whether you want a faucet that’s easy to operate or something with a little more control, SharkBite has a hose bibb for you.
- Ball valve not as easy as screw-in – Even though the ball valve is simple to install, it’s not quite as easy as a screw-in design.
- Water two places at one time with full flow!
- Based on dramm’s best selling heavy-duty Brass shut-off...
- Connect the valve to your faucet to create two independent...
The Dramm Brass Faucet is made for all gardeners who think that two hosepipes are better than one. This twin-valve faucet features two water outputs that can be hooked up separately, offering impressive versatility.
The valves are operated independently, meaning you don’t need to have both turned on simultaneously. The water flow is controlled by Dramm’s unique shut-off valve, which stops water output instantly when the valve is turned off.
The Dramm Garden Faucet is made almost exclusively of brass. As we’ve said before, brass is one of the very best faucet materials – it’s extremely durable and resistant to rusting. As soon as you pick up this product, you’ll notice just how well-built and robust it really is.
The shut-off handles are equally well designed. They are quarter-turn handles, which allow the user to disable water flow in the quickest possible way. In addition, the handles are large, which is helpful when you’ve got wet or slippery hands.
A great twin-valve hose bibb can be hard to come by, so we were delighted when we found this product. Anyone in the market for this type of water valve should be sure to take a look at the Dramm Brass Garden Faucet.
- Twin valved – Gives you the option to hook up two separate hoses.
- Effective shut-off valves – No chance of leaks or drips.
- Quarter-turn handles – Switch the water flow off in an instant.
- Some people won’t need two outputs – Even though having two outputs is great, some gardeners will only need one.
- 💦Heavy Duty 3.14 oz Solid Brass Bulkhead Fitting, 1-1/8...
- 💦Two installation methods: Brass bulkhead fittings front...
- 💦Bulkhead fittings need 1 inch diameter holes to...
The next hose bibb we have for you is the WADEO Rain Barrel Faucet. This spigot comes with a unique attachment called a bulkhead fitting, which can be used with barrels or water tanks. You don’t have to use this fitting, and you can screw the faucet into a standard water tap if you’d prefer.
Bulkhead fittings aren’t that common in the faucet world, so it’s great that WADEO have included one with their product. If a bulkhead attachment is essential to you, then you really don’t need to read on past this hose bibb and should go and pick one up immediately.
The versatile fitting isn’t the only great thing about this product. It’s also extremely well-built, using high-quality brass that can easily stand up to mother nature. The faucet has a quarter-turn tap, meaning it can be turned on and off in an instant.
WADEO also through in some bonus accessories to make the hose bibb installation very straightforward. These include extra washers and durable sealing tape. Sealing tape is particularly useful since it adds an extra bit of protection against leaks.
The WADEO Brass Faucet is another product that we can’t recommend highly enough. It’s incredibly versatile, very robust, and feels like it could last a lifetime. It also comes in two colors, which is a choice faucet buyers don’t typically get to make.
- Bulkhead fitting – This means the faucet can be hooked up to a water barrel.
- Versatile – No need to use the bulkhead fitting if you don’t need it.
- Brass construction – Durable and rust-resistant
- Tape needs applying for maximum leak protection – WADEO includes the tape in the package, but this adds an extra step to the installation process.
- Installing the tap onto a barrel can be hard – You’ll need to watch a tutorial to learn how to do this.
- BOLTED COMPONENTS: Inlet & outlet strengthened in the newest...
- SEAMLESS INSTALLATION, SMOOTH OPERATION: The 2 way garden...
- NO LEAKING AND WATERSHED: Long and smooth thread with rubber...
Durability is an essential quality for outdoor faucets – a product that rusts or breaks quickly is not worth buying. When it comes to robustness, the 2wayz All-Metal Hose Splitter takes it to the next level. We had absolutely no problem awarding the hose bibb our “Best Durability” rating.
The durability of this 2wayz product stems from the top-quality materials it’s made out of. The all-metal body has clearly been well-engineered. All the moving parts work seamlessly, and it’s hard to imagine the hose bibb ever having any problems. This faucet is built like a tank.
2wayz also throw in a lifetime warranty on the hose splitter – if your faucet ever develops any problems or has manufacturer defects, you can send it back for a free replacement. Judging by the build quality, it’s unlikely that you’ll be needing this warranty.
Another major selling point of the faucet is its double-tap design. You can hook up two hose pipes to the faucet to control them independently. This is fantastic if you’re a gardener who wants to save time whilst watering your plants.
The hose splitter features a long thread that screws onto your water supply with ease. This threading is extremely leak-resistant, which of course, is a big benefit. The 2wayz All-Metal Splitter is the perfect product if you’re after something that doesn’t mind taking a beating.
- Built like a tank – You’ll struggle to find a more robust faucet.
- Useful dual-valve design – Easy to hook up two different hosepipes.
- Long threading stops leaks – No chance of drips seeping through.
- Some people won’t need two outputs – Some people only require one hosepipe for their outdoor chores.
- [Instant Anti-Siphon Water Access] Push and twist for...
- [Frost Proof Faucet] 7x better freeze protection than brass...
- [Professional Grade Materials] Body and internals 100%...
Our next recommendation is a unique outdoor faucet that has been designed with the professional/commercial market in mind. This doesn’t mean that the product isn’t suitable for home use, though, and it could be the solution to your water supply problems.
The Aquor House Hydrant needs to be wall-mounted – the water pipes then attach to the back of the device. As a result, installing this spigot may require some extra plumbing, but it shouldn’t be anything too complicated.
The payoff for the complex installation is an outdoor faucet that is incredibly easy to use. The quick-connect feature allows hose pipes to be connected instantly without the need to fiddle with any annoying connectors.
The House Hydrant has plenty of measures built in to prevent leaks. The sealing O-Rings have been rated to stay secure for more than 150,000 cycles, whilst the vacuum breaker prevents water from flowing back towards the faucet. If used correctly, leaks should be a thing of the past with this faucet.
The hose bibb is also very resistant and can deal with cold weather easily. In fact, it will still work even when the temperature drops to -30 degrees Celcius.
Even though this product isn’t for everyone, it’s still a great choice for some. Take a closer look at the House Hydrant if you need something easy to use, leak-free, and suitable for the coldest temperatures.
- Easy hose connection – No messing around with annoying connections.
- Plenty of leak protection features – Sealing rings and a vacuum breaker ensure no leaks.
- Suitable for cold outdoor weather conditions – Will function down to -30 degrees Celsius.
- Wall installation – Not as straightforward as the screw-in products.
- Can’t control flow from the faucet – The faucet is set tomaximum flow and needs to be controlled via your hose.
- -3/4-inch MIP inlet
- -3/4-inch hose end outlet
- -Not intended to convey water for human consumption.
This hose bibb from Yaocong doesn’t try to reinvent the wheel, and the result is an excellent faucet that will get the job done for years to come. “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” is a phrase that definitely applies to outdoor faucets.
The hose bibb is made from solid brass, which we know is one of the very best materials for water faucets. As soon as you see that a faucet is made of brass, this should let you know that you’re looking at a quality product.
The faucet has a 3/4 inch connector which is compatible with most standard hoses. It’s also a screw-in design, making it incredibly easy to install – rotate it into place, and you’re good to go.
The tap prevents leaks with a nice neoprene coating on the threads. If you want to be extra vigilant, you could wrap the threads with sealing tape after installation. There’s no real need for this, though – the neoprene does its job well.
To summarise, the Yaocong Heavy Duty Hose Bibb is a no-nonsense faucet that gets the job done. If you need something that you can always rely on, this product is definitely one to consider.
- Solid brass build – Brass is known to be one of the very best materials for outdoor devices.
- Leak-resistant – Neoprene coating eliminates the chance of leaks.
- No-fuss setup – Up and running in seconds.
- Not packed with features – Keeps it simple.
- Classic design might not be best for modern gardens – The design is a blast from the past, which might not match your garden’s style.
- CP inlets are 1/2 inch male pipe thread or 1/2 inch sweat....
- The freeze less Model 22 hot and cold faucet is designed and...
- The Model 22 contains an integral back flow protection...
One of the most unique products on this list is the Woodford Horizontal Faucet. This device can output cold AND hot water, where most faucets only produce cold. Of course, to make use of this feature, you’ll have to connect the faucet to your boiler’s plumbing system.
The tap is made out of copper, which shares similar qualities with brass. This means you can expect strength and durability, as well as excellent resistance to the elements. The overall feel of this device is certainly high-quality.
Woodford have pushed the weather resistance of this faucet further by including a range of anti-freeze measures. The hose bibb has clearly been designed for year-round use, and you won’t have any problems using the device in the winter months.
Like the Aquor House Hydrant above, Woodford’s Horizontal Faucet needs to be mounted in a wall to work. The hot and cold water pipes reach back around 10 inches, where they can be hooked up to your water supply.
Not everyone will require hot water from their faucet, but if you do, this tap is going to be a solid option. The anti-freeze features are a great addition that makes this outdoor faucet a compelling buy.
- Outputs hot water – This is a rare feature for outdoor hose bibbs.
- Impressive anti-freeze features – No chance of losing your outdoor water supply in the winter.
- Copper build – Just as durable and rust-resistant as brass.
- Complex installation process – Needs to be hooked up to your boiler for hot water output.
- Lever handles
- 6 inch tube swivel spout, hose thread
- 1/2-14 npsf (dryseal) female inlets
Here to find a faucet that you can use with an outdoor sink rather than a water supply for your hose pipe? The Central 2-Handle Faucet is our top pick for outdoor kitchens, thanks to its feature-rich design.
The faucet has a classic design with a long spout. The tap’s rustic finish would immediately add a ton of character to any outdoor space. The faucet is made almost entirely of solid brass, providing plenty of durability and weather resistance.
Just like the Woodford Horizontal Faucet, this tap can be used with hot and cold water. It doesn’t have two separate outputs like the Woodford product – the water is mixed together inside the single spout. The temperature can be controlled by adjusting the two handles on either side of the spout.
Central has made the installation process as simple as possible. You’ll probably still require some basic plumbing knowledge to set it up correctly, but it won’t be as difficult as many other outdoor faucets.
Finally, this faucet has an impressive range of features to prevent leaks and drips. The key one is the double O-ring seal, which is known to provide very effective leak protection. Many of the outdoor faucet reviews for the product report on the tap’s lack of leakage.
- Perfect for your outdoor kitchen – There’s nothing better than this product for an outdoor kitchen.
- Fantastic leak-resistance – Double O-ring seal stops sneaky water in its tracks.
- Suitable for hot and cold water – Two valves mean the faucet can be set up for hot and cold water.
- Tricky installation process – Needs a water supply line that runs to the boiler for hot water.
- Not for hose pipes – Can’t attach a garden hose to this faucet.
- 1/2" inches standard pipe thread
- Bird animal faucet for outdoor
The final product we have for you is the Greenspring Bird-Decorated Faucet. We gave this device our “Best For Luxury” award due to its attractive and fun design. If you’re looking for something a little bit different, then this faucet could be for you.
The first thing you notice with this spigot is, of course, the ornate bird decoration. Not only does the bird provide an interesting look, but it also acts as the valve for the faucet. Controlling the water flow is definitely an interesting experience with this product.
The faucet isn’t just about the looks, though, and has been built to a very high standard. Every part of the hose bibb is made from brass, including the decorative features. It has a simple design that screws straight into your water supply line.
This product is a fantastic home gift that any keen gardener or bird lover would appreciate. Alternatively, add a bit of antique luxury to your own garden with the Greenspring Garden Faucet.
- Unique decorative design – Quirky design that could give your garden a fun lift.
- Solid build-quality – The bird and faucet are made of super-strong brass.
- Great gift – Don’t look any further if you need a gift for the gardener in your life.
- Design won’t be to everyone’s tastes – Even though the design is great, some people will prefer something more low-key.
- There are better options for cold climates – This faucet deals well with the cold but doesn’t have as many freeze-resistant features as others.
Outdoor Faucet Buying Guide
When you’re buying any product, your budget will always be one of the main factors in deciding what to buy. Working how much you want to spend is the easiest way to narrow down your options and find something that is perfect for you.
Luckily, there are amazing outdoor faucets available at nearly every price point. Whether you’re just looking for a budget option that gets the job done or something more luxurious, you can be sure that there’ll be a product to suit you.
Since your faucet will live outdoors, it must have a durable design that can stand up to the elements. Depending on where you live, your outdoor faucet might have to deal with freezing temperatures in the winter, as well as warm days in the summer.
To deal with this, many outdoor faucets are constructed from strong metals such as brass. Brass is an excellent material since it is very rust-resistant, which is important when dealing with running water.
A durable faucet will also be easy to control with a robust tap. The best vale taps are made from thick plastic that doesn’t seize up in the wet and cold. It’s also worth looking out for any outdoor faucets with an American valve design as they can be the easiest to use.
In summary, the durability of an outdoor faucet is always something that should be carefully considered. You don’t want to be spending money on a faucet only for it to seize up or crack a few weeks later. We’d recommend checking out customer reviews to get some honest information about a faucet’s durability.
If you’re planning on installing your new outdoor water faucet yourself, then you need to ensure that the installation process is straightforward. Some of the more complex faucets require serious plumbing, and you’ll likely need some professional help if you buy one of those.
Ideally, you’ll be replacing an old faucet. In this case, you can simply unscrew the old valve and attach the new faucet in its place. However, you might be installing a completely new outdoor water system, and the process will require extra planning and care.
The efficiency of an outdoor faucet is the next factor that you should look into when choosing which product to buy. Everyone knows how expensive water bills can be, and it’s no good having an outdoor faucet that is going to add loads of cash onto those bills.
An efficient outdoor faucet is one that can offer a good level of water pressure whilst also keeping the water flow to a minimum. This can be a hard balance to achieve, and many faucet manufacturers spend a lot of their time trying to do just that.
Any outdoor faucets that are prone to leaks or do not properly control their water flow will be much less efficient and will end up costing you more in the long run. Some manufacturers might advertise their outdoor faucet’s efficiency level, but again, looking at customer reviews is a great way to get a sense of how a faucet performs.
You might not think that the looks of an outdoor faucet are that important. In reality, the design of your faucet should be a key element in your decision-making – you really need something that fits in with the design of your garden and doesn’t stand out like a sore thumb.
You have plenty of choices when it comes to faucet designs. Some have a slick, modern appearance, whereas others take a more traditional approach. Whatever your garden’s style is, you can be sure that there’s an outdoor faucet to match.
Of course, if you really don’t care about keeping a consistent design across your garden, then this isn’t something to worry about.
Every outdoor faucet will have different features to help it stand out from the competition. For example, some faucets will have an “anti-freeze” feature. This is perfect if you live in an area with cold temperatures and don’t want your faucet to ice over in the winter.
Other faucets have a “low-flow” feature to limit the water flow passing through the valve. If you’re looking for an environmentally friendly outdoor faucet, then this feature will be ideal. Low flow valves will also save you money on your water bills.
These are just two of the popular features included with outdoor faucets. If you’re struggling to choose between two different models, then their extra features could be what helps make your decision.
The best outdoor faucet models will come with a warranty. Warranties protect the buyer from manufacturer defects and problems with the product that wasn’t their fault. If you receive a faulty outdoor faucet, a warranty will allow you to get it replaced for free.
Problems with new faucets are very rare, so it’s unlikely that you’ll have to make use of the warranty. It’s still good to be protected, though, just in case. The most common manufacturer defect is poor sealing around the valve, which can cause leaks from the faucet.
Warranties are usually one or two years, but some manufacturers offer them for much longer. Make sure to look out for a good warranty before you commit to a product. This is especially true if you’re treating yourself to an expensive faucet.
Outdoor spigots and faucets are exactly the same things. They are just two names used to describe outdoor water valves that can be hooked up to hosepipe. Another name that can be used instead of a faucet is a “hose bib.”
“Spigots” is a word that is generally used by professional plumbers and is not really recognized by most people. If you see a faucet described as a spigot, it could signify that the product is of professional quality.
This isn’t always true, though, so make sure to look into the product’s features for yourself before buying.
There are many features that garden hose bibs need to be considered a good product. One of the most important is durability. Since your outdoor faucet is exposed to the elements, it’s pretty essential that it can stand up for itself.
In addition, a good outdoor faucet will be economical with its water usage. Efficiency is a key feature for modern outdoor faucets, especially since water bills are going up all the time. A great faucet will be able to maintain solid water pressure without piling cash onto your water bills.
Another important thing that many people forget to consider is the design. If your garden already has its own style, then you’ll probably want to look for a faucet that fits in with it. Even though a faucet is small, it can stand out like a sore thumb if it doesn’t match the rest of the garden.
These are just a few of the features you should look out for when choosing the best outdoor faucet. For a full rundown, be sure to check out the useful buying guide above.
Although it sounds simple, replacing an outdoor faucet can quickly become a difficult and confusing task. To avoid this, you should look for a faucet that has the same thread size as the one you’re replacing. This means you’ll be able to screw in the new hose bib without too much trouble.
When replacing a faucet, the most important step is to turn off the water supply using the water shut-off valve. If you forget to do this, you’ll be in for a nasty surprise when you unscrew the old faucet!
Next, take a wrench and loosen the faucet. You should now be able to unscrew the hose bibb by hand and remove it from the pipe. If there is any corrosion leftover on the screw threads, be sure to wipe this off with a cloth before proceeding.
The final step is to screw the new hose bibb into place and secure it with the wrench. We’d also recommend wrapping some plumbing tape around the screw threads as an extra layer of protection against leaks.
If the water pressure from your outdoor faucet is lower than expected, then there are a few possible explanations. The most likely one is that your system has a leak. A leak might not even be related to the faucet, but it’s always worth checking the valves and threads around the tap to ensure that there’s no water leaking out.
If you’ve noticed a pressure drop with your garden hose, then it can be hard to know where the problem lies. You should always unplug the hose and see what happens to the pressure – if your faucet is producing good water pressure, you know the issue is with the hose.
Alternatively, you may just have a poorly designed hose bibb. Even faucets that are described as being “low-flow” should still produce a good level of water pressure. If you’ve ruled out the other possibilities, then your only option might be to return your hose bibb.
There are several different types of yard hydrants out there, and some are better suited for use with a hose than others. If you know that you’re going to be using a hose regularly, then we’d recommend looking for a faucet from a brand such as Hozelock. This is because these faucets are specifically designed to prevent leaks from developing.
Also, look out for faucets that have easy-to-use valves. The best kinds can be turned on and off in one motion, such as an American Valve. There’s nothing more frustrating than fiddling with a stiff valve whilst your hose is spraying water everywhere.
You also want to look for a faucet that has good water flow. In many situations, you’ll want your hose to offer some decent water pressure, so make sure you buy something that can achieve this. The very best options are those that can produce great water pressure without wasting loads of water in the process.
If you need more faucet help, check out our other guides: