This post may contain affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a small commission. Thanks.
Have you decided on a stainless steel kitchen sink for your new kitchen? Stainless steel is an excellent choice – though ceramic stone sinks have some advantages, costs tend to outweigh the benefits.
Ceramic and porcelain stone sinks can easily crack, and when they do, it’s the beginning of the end for your kitchen sink. That’s not the case with quality steel sinks. Instead, they have an assortment of advantages that you will discover in the course of this article.
This article reviews the best stainless steel sinks on the market today. Our top pick, the Ruvati 25 Inch Single Bowl, offers a great array of features, including noise reduction, rubber mounting, and a stainless steel grid.
If You’re in a Hurry – My Tops Picks at a Glance
Buying a steel kitchen sink is not something you want to mess up – and with our guide, you won’t!
The Top 8 Best Stainless Steel Sink Reviews
- Topmount Installation: 1-inch wide and 1/4-inch high rim all...
- Commercial grade BRUSHED FINISH - Easy to clean and...
- Heavy duty sound proof UNDERCOATING and thick rubber PADDING...
The Ruvati is by far the best-sized kitchen sink, making it perfect for a multitude of spaces. It’s made of the best stainless steel material and comes with loads of add ons like a stainless steel grid, a drain strainer, and rubber mounting.
Ruvati has a strong reputation for manufacturing high-end commercial sinks, but their expertise doesn’t end there. They also produce some excellent single bowl sinks for home use. The 25-inch is one of them.
This 25-inch quality steel kitchen sink is much like the larger version. It still has a stainless steel brushed finish and 16 gauge stainless steel, beating most standard single bowl sinks on today’s market.
This kitchen sink also has the same add-ons and features for cleaning and noise reduction.
The main difference, however, is the size and dimensions. The 32-inch kitchen sink gives you plenty of room to work with, but it won’t suit everyone – especially if you live in a flat or want a smaller single bowl utility sink.
This sink is 25″ wide front to back and 23″ wide in the interior. The single bowl depth is 10,” and it has 3.5″ drain holes, enough for any food debris to slip effortlessly into the garbage disposal.
- Dimensions – Unlike its larger sibling, the Ruvati 25 inch is smaller and better suited to most residential kitchens. Undermount installation is straightforward, and it still benefits from all the Ruvati trims.
- Material – This kitchen sink is made from stainless steel with 16 gauge stainless steel – smaller doesn’t mean less quality when it comes to Ruvati. There is no bowing or denting in this kitchen sink, and it is easy to maintain.
- Add-ons – It comes with additional features such as a steel grid; it also features drain grooves, a drain strainer, two basket strainers, and some rubber mounting.
- Vulnerable to chemicals – A minority of customers have reported some rust issues; this is down to reactive chemicals being used rather than water and conventional liquids.
- Single Bowl Sink – Unlike other products, this one isn’t a double bowl sink, so it gives you less space and doesn’t have a rinse facility.
- 16-GAUGE THICK STAINLESS STEEL: Ruvati kitchen sinks are...
- COMMERCIAL-GRADE BRUSHED FINISH: This prep sink is made with...
- CONVENIENT DRAIN GROOVES: This deep, rectangular sink is...
The Ruvati 33 Inch single bowl takes the prize for design – its 16 gauge stainless steel bowl doesn’t dent, and it’s made to absorb sound and reduce movement. It also comes with loads of useful add-on features.
Commercial-grade stainless steel sinks aren’t only designed for industrial kitchens; you can also install them in your home and benefit from a deeper sink made of better quality material.
Although some standard kitchen sinks also use a stainless steel double bowl, they don’t have the same depth as a commercial sink; they also don’t have a handy rinse grid, basket strainer drain, decorative cover, or soundproof rubber padding.
This sink is designed for commercial and residential use and uses 16 gauge stainless steel, making it 37% thicker than conventional kitchen sinks and protecting it from bowing and denting. If you install a thin gauge metal sink, you will still get a quality surface that is low-maintenance and durable, but you will probably get some bowing or denting over time.
The Ruvati 33-inch also features a sloped bottom with a drain assembly. As a result, the drain can fit any garbage disposal unit. The handy basket drainer will collect any food particles and prevent them from blocking the pipes so that you can dispose of them quickly and easily.
- 16 gauge thickness – Profit long term from the 16 gauge stainless steel of this commercial and residential sink. The sink is 2 gauges lower than the thickest conventional sink available.
- Excellent add-ons – You don’t only get a sizable sink with the Ruvati, you also get a bottom grid, a basket strainer, and rubber mounting to reduce noise and movement. There is also an excellent drain cover.
- Limited lifetime warranty – The limited lifetime warranty offered for this product is a clear mark of its quality.
- Vulnerable to chemicals – The stainless steel material is easy to clean and scratchproof; however, it may be vulnerable to certain chemicals used in it that can lead to rust spots.
- Single Bowl Sink – This product doesn’t have a double bowl, giving you less workspace.
- 16 GAUGE thick premium T-304 grade stainless steel (18/10...
- Commercial grade BRUSHED FINISH - Easy to clean and...
- Heavy duty soundGUARD undercoating and thick rubber PADDING...
Need a micro sink that gives you more counter space? The Ruvati 23 inch is the answer. It uses 16 gauge steel with the same excellent Ruvati trim.
If your kitchen is small, you need to make the most of your kitchen space – a larger double bowl sink is no use in a small kitchen, even if it does help wash up.
This sink is 23″ wide front to back and 21″ wide in the interior. It is also 10″ deep since depth doesn’t affect your countertop area. The dimensions of this sink make it a clear winner for micro-kitchens.
That’s not to say the Ruvati doesn’t have more to offer. This product has the same trim as other Ruvati sinks, minus the scale – though in this case, the scale is a positive thing. It still benefits from 16 gauge stainless steel that refuses to dent or bow and a commercial-grade steel finish that’s easy to maintain.
Double bowl sinks that don’t have rubber padding might rattle when used and create condensation that leads to rust. You don’t have that issue with the single bowl Ruvati; its thick rubber padding prevents noise and rust.
- Small dimensions –This is an excellent drop-in basin if you have a smaller kitchen and want more countertop space. It’s narrow but has the same depth as a double bowl sink in the range – extending your kitchen area.
- High gauge steel – The 16 gauge steel used to make this drop-in sink is thicker than conventional sink materialmaking it resistant to dents and bowing. These apron sinks are an investment and are built to last.
- Excellent trim – As with double bowl sinks in the Ruvati range, the 23-inch single bowl has everything you might expect from a high-end drop-in basin. You get a bottom grid, basket strainer, and cutout template.
- Cleaning issues – The Ruvati 23″ quality metal sink is well designed in many respects; however, the square corners of the drop-in sink bowl can make it awkward to clean for some customers.
- Single Bowl – A good space saver but limiting when working with lots of dishes.
- ULTRA DURABILITY DESIGN: TORVA kitchen Sink is handmade with...
- LARGER AND DEEPER SINK: New designed kitchen sink with 30 x...
- PRACTICALITY: Free accessories come with our kit, Bottom...
TORVA is an alternative to Ruvati that delivers an almost identical stainless steel kitchen sink for less. Their 30-inch minimum cabinet size doesn’t dent and gives you plenty of storage. If you thought Ruvati trims were good, check out the TORVA.
As with the Ruvati 32-inch sink, the TORVA is specially made for larger residential or commercial kitchens. The 30-inch size and 10-inch depth give you plenty of room to store numerous plates, chop vegetables, and wash up. In addition, there’s so much room you won’t have to wash up on your own.
The TORVA deep sink is also made using high-grade stainless steel with 16 gauge thickness. This is the perfect thickness for a high-use sink; it prevents dents and bowing and makes the product last longer.
When it comes to practicality, the TORVA 30-inch minimum cabinet size takes center stage. This practical kitchen sink style protects the base of the drop-in sink from scratches and damage.
What’s more, it gives you a handy place to store your dirty dishes instead of on the countertop, as well as a laser textured groove to help with efficient water drainage.
- Excellent practicality – This sink comes with an excellent trim! It features a bottom rack for storing dishes and prevents base damage. You also get a sliding colander and soundproof panels for washing dishes.
- HIgh-grade material – The TORVA is made from 16 gauge stainless steel that prevents it from denting and bowing. It is optimized for heavy long-term usage and won’t need to be replaced for many years.
- Soundproof panels – A utility sink like this can get loud daily when the water is running; to prevent this, soundproof panels and absorbent paint are used to give you a quiet kitchen to work in.
- Depth – Although some people consider the sink depth (10-inches) an advantage, that’s not the case in all kitchens. Some people might have trouble installing this, so check your kitchen dimensions.
- Single bowl – A double bowl would give you more room to wash and store your dishes.
- NSF certified
- Sink is made of 18GA 304 SS / Large 18"W x 16"D x 13"H sink...
- Chrome single handle faucet w/ hoses included
The TRINITY Utility Sink is mobile and can be installed anywhere, and it also has four adjustable plastic feet that let you adjust the height of the sink for your convenience. There is no need for an install; the sink just stands.
If you need a sink in a utility area, shed, or office space but don’t have a kitchen countertop, what you need is a mobile kitchen sink that’s easy to install and can be moved anywhere you need it.
The TRINITY Utility Sink is designed for this purpose, it stands on legs, so it doesn’t have to be installed into a fitted countertop. This also makes it easy to uninstall and relocate. But it also offers excellent value as a mounted sink, with its high-grade stainless steel material and range of accessories.
Like the Ruvati and TORVA models, this sink is slightly smaller (18-inches wide), the material is also less dense – it uses 18 gauge stainless steel instead or 16 gauge. Although these values aren’t as strong as other big brand models, they are still significant and deliver excellent value where needed.
This product is also NSF certified, meaning it has gone through rigorous testing to determine its safety standard and sanitation. So you can rest easy with this product, especially if it’s to be used communally.
- Mobile installation – Straightforward to install and comes with everything you need to fit it and switch it on right away. Unlike fixed sink products, this one can be uninstalled and moved.
- Adjustable stabilizers – The sink is set on four plastic feet that can be adjusted when necessary. This makes the sink extremely versatile and perfect for use in the home or office.
- Mounting hardware – The sink wouldn’t be easy to install if you had to source mounting from the hardware store. Everything comes with it, so you don’t have to run around and set it up immediately.
- Dimensions – Although the product is easy to install and works well in most locations, the dimensions don’t suit every type of space. In some cases, the sink might jut out.
- Single basin – These are not double basin sinks or undermount sinks. There is no double bowl.
- Utility Free-standing Commercial Sink: This KINGBO single...
- Good Size Stainless Steel Sink Set: The sink set is 34 in...
- Easy to Maintain & Clean: This Free Standing Stainless-Steel...
This freestanding sink is practical and convenient; it doesn’t require any installation and can be moved around to where it’s needed. It also has plenty of additional storage and workspace.
Whether you run a business, need a freestanding sink for your new office space, or want one for your home, The KINGBO could be the answer. Larger than most of the kitchen sinks on the list, this product is also feature-rich. It’s built to last – almost giving our best overall pick a run for its money!
As a freestanding sink, the KINGBO is most often used for commercial purposes. However, it’s ideal in a communal area that has high use with a hand basin and plenty of countertop space for working.
This sink stands 33.4-inches in height and is 19.4-inches wide. It might seem like this is the largest sink we’ve reviewed, but remember that includes that surface area of the countertop. The sink basin is smaller, only 13-inches wide and 8-inches deep, but it is made of high-quality steel.
One advantage of this sink is the additional countertop space, shelves underneath, rounded-edge design, and anti-rust gloss. KINGBO has put their heads together and made a user-friendly sink.
- Freestanding sink – As a sizeable freestanding sink, this unit is perfect for commercial use. If you have office space that requires sink facilities, the KINGBO is a great choice.
- Commercial size – The KINGBO doesn’t just give you a sink made from high-grade stainless steel; it is also a countertop and storage area.
- Excellent spec – The KINGBO gives you plenty of space to wash dishes and store them afterward. It has deep basins with large drains to catch food debris. Its rounded corners also make it easy to install.
- Dimensions – Most customers who invest in the KINGBO are attracted to its size, but it won’t suit every situation. Make sure you calculate your space before buying this sink unit.
- Made of stainless steel | Corrosion and rust-resistant, will...
- Product dimensions | Overall – 32” L x 19” W x 10” D...
- A best-selling stainless steel sink paired with a commercial...
Made from high gauge stainless steel, this 32-inch stainless steel kitchen sink doesn’t dent or stain – that’s why it’s number one for resilience. It’s also a large residential sink that works well for commercial spaces.
If you’re into high-end living, you’re going to love the Kraus 32-inch quality metal sink. This product blurs the lines between residential and commercial sinks bringing together resilience and finish.
The sink is made from commercial grade stainless steel, resistant to rust, corrosion, staining, and more. Like the Ruvati sink, this one is 32-inches wide, 10-inches deep, and ideal for your home kitchen or commercial premises. Buying Kraus kitchen sinks is a long-term investment opportunity.
While the sink is a good size for the home, it’s also excellent for commercial purposes. Depending on its intended use, you can easily pair the sink with a commercial faucet or a standard kitchen faucet. They also make great farmhouse sinks.
Overall, this product excels when it comes to long-term use. The steel is resistant to rust and corrosion, and its commercial-grade finish makes it easy to clean and long-lasting.
- Resilience – This Kraus sink is one of the most resilient on the market. Its stainless steel material, high gauge metal, and commercial-grade satin finish will guarantee it for many years.
- Versatility – This sink is large compared to many residential kitchen sinks, making it equally effective for commercial purposes. Actually, it is the perfect combination of the two styles – they can make great farmhouse sinks.
- Dimensions – This sink is excellent for a variety of uses. It is 10-inches deep, so you can store up to 20 plates or a 20 QT stockpot in it. It also gives you plenty of space to use your utility faucet for cleaning.
- Water slope – If this product fails on any count, it would be the water slope that is less than ideal. A better slope would mean the sink needed less rinsing after use.
- Practical Helper**whether in your kitchen or in commercial...
- Durable Material**20-gauge type 304 stainless steel makes it...
- Safe and Convenient** with the smooth surface, this sink is...
Perfect for utility areas and bars, the Hally Wall Mounted Sink is neat and discrete. You hardly notice it’s there, but you’re glad that it is. It’s made from high-quality stainless steel and is protected with oil to make it last.
When it comes to kitchen units and utensils, the Hally team has decades of experience. They have experimented with a range of metals and forms to develop some of the most innovative products on the market. Here, we are talking about their stainless steel wall-mounted sink.
This sink has the edge on previous products we’ve covered, first, because it’s much smaller, and second, because it’s mounted securely to the wall. But it is still made of high-grade stainless steel.
Whether for a utility room, an office, or a kitchen, this neat utility sink gives you practicality and excellent standards. The metal is easy to clean and care for – it comes with a special oil that protects the surface. It’s also resistant to corrosion and fully scratchproof!
Overall, this sink is smaller and tidier than its predecessors, but it doesn’t let you down on quality and longevity. If a smaller sink is what you need – perhaps for a bar area or public toilet – choose the Hally.
- Size – Smaller than most other steel drop-in sinks, the Hally is ideal for bar areas or toilets; it’s also at home in garden sheds and utility areas. You will find the small size functional and the faucet hole flexible.
- Material – The Hally sink is made from stainless steel and uses a special oil to protect it from corrosion and scratches. Look after this product, and it will last you for many years.
- Drainage – Hally has used their extensive experience in the industry to create a drain that doesn’t clog, deform, or start to smell. There’s no need to reinvent the wheel; Hally has done it for you.
- Installation – Unless the Hally sink is installed correctly, there is a chance you will notice some leakage. For this reason, it’s always best to employ a professional installer if you don’t feel confident.
- Double bowls – This sink doesn’t have a double bowl or a deep bowl, which limits the volume of dishes you can process.
What is a Stainless Steel Sink?
A stainless steel kitchen sink contains 10% chromium; this component gives it stainless and corrosion-resisting qualities. Chromium is a transition metal on the periodic table – it’s silvery and has a polished look.
By using chromium in the manufacture of metal, it creates a rust-resistant, durable and scratch-resistant material. Chromium-based metals also have an oxidizing film, allowing them to self-heal when chemically damaged.
Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink
Stainless steel is the obvious choice of material for a deep bowl stainless steel kitchen sink, and it’s a popular option in residential homes and commercial premises. A quality steel kitchen sink will last for around thirty years before it gets recycled.
In that time, the kitchen sink can be used continuously without losing any of its core properties. However, it may deteriorate to some extent. Depending on the metal gauge, you might see some denting or bowing; you might also get some staining if you leave large pots in it for extended periods.
Stain Steel Gauges
The gauge of your quality steel kitchen sink is essential. The metal gauge refers to its thickness and can determine the extent to which the metal dents and bends. Naturally, thinner metal is at a higher risk!
When evaluating the gauge of the metal, you need to look at the gauge value. Higher gauge metal is thinner and lower gauge metal is thicker. For sinks, the metal gauge is usually between 18-23, but this is only a rough guide. In practice, some sinks do go a few gauges lower.
Stainless Steel Vs. Ceramic
Another popular material for sinks is ceramic. Ceramic is made using clay and natural stone such as sand or granite. Its strength is determined by the quality of the stone used and the firing process.
Although ceramic is a popular choice, it isn’t as long lasting or low maintenance as stainless steel. Ceramic sinks have a hard glazed surface that generally works well, but when it chips – which often happens – the area can quickly deteriorate. It is also not eco-friendly since it’s mined from the earth.
Why Choose Stainless Steel?
As well as being practical, durable, and aesthetic, stainless steel is lightweight and environmentally friendly. It won’t chip or crack, unlike a ceramic or porcelain sink, and it doesn’t dent or bow like copper sinks.
Stainless steel is also versatile to work with, so you have tons of choices when it comes to buying one for your home or commercial building. Manufacturers design these steel sinks to facilitate their use in standard kitchens – either as wall-mounted or freestanding sinks that can be adjusted and moved.
What are Some Advantages of Stainless Steel?
A deep bowl stainless steel kitchen sink is more or less resistant to corrosion. As an alloy metal, it contains chromium as a constituent part; this helps it resist oxidation from water and moisture-filled environments.
A high-grade stainless steel kitchen sink can also resist corrosion from acids and alkaline solutions, making it the metal of choice for kitchen utensils. That said, you must be careful with the cleaning chemical used on these steel sinks – some can react with the metal and cause corrosion.
Stainless steel is also extremely hygienic – another reason it’s often used in kitchen areas. Stainless steel is easy to clean and doesn’t attract dirt or dust. It also doesn’t scale making it excellent for sinks.
You will find that many of the sinks in the review section are brushed finish stainless steel. This is when the steel is given a rough, dull polish using a fine bristle brush. Next, the metal is machined by a brush or a wheel that moves continuously in one direction, giving it a scratch-proof finish.
Functional design isn’t the only aspect of stainless steel that gives it a clear advantage over porcelain, ceramic, copper, granite, and cast iron. Stainless steel is also beautiful and works in different areas.
Whether you need an undermount sink for your kitchen or utility room, stainless steel blends effortlessly with whatever interior design you have. Its shiny reflective surface mirrors the surrounding decoration instead of creating a contrast – it gives you one less thing to consider.
Stainless steel gives you an excellent strength-to-weight advantage that other kitchen sink materials don’t provide. For example, ceramic often cracks, and copper can dent or bow, but stainless steel is extremely robust.
However, the stainless steel gauge does matter – it might dent or bow if you have a high gauge – as this means the steel is thinner. You should look for a low gauge product somewhere between 16 and 18 gauge for the best strength. Stainless steel is also very lightweight.
When deciding on which undermount sink product to buy, consider the overall life cycle of the material. Some materials might be cheaper than stainless steel, but how long do they last, and will they need repairing?
The great advantage of stainless steel is its long life cycle and low maintenance, making it a natural choice for kitchens, bath fixtures, and utility areas. Stainless steel is not only low cost to produce and buy; it’s reliable and doesn’t have ongoing maintenance costs, giving you excellent overall value.
The green revolution is now in full swing, and you can play your part by choosing a quality steel kitchen sink that is 100% recyclable. It’s another of the natural advantages of using stainless steel in your kitchen.
Stainless steel is manufactured from recycled stainless steel. There is no need for this material to go to a landfill; it can be melted and remade into new products. The new stainless steel is just as robust as the old metal. This process is low cost and happens continuously at the end of the life cycle.
Stainless Steel Sink Buyers Guide
Branding is more important for some products than it is for others. In the case of porcelain sinks, the brand name is fairly crucial because there are different processes for making a product. The same is true of top mount kitchen sink faucets; the brand can impact the product’s quality.
However, this is not necessarily true when it comes to these top mount steel sinks. The process for manufacturing high-quality steel sinks is fairly uniform across all industries, so you can expect a similar material standard no matter whom you buy from. That said, there may be some notable differences.
One of the main differences is the gauge of the metal. Stainless steel is notably gauged between 18-23, with the lower value being the thickest. Thicker stainless steel is less likely to dent or bend. This is something to look out for when buying a brand-name sink. Ruvati have a consistently low gauge.
There is also minimal variation in the price of these steel sinks – especially the ones covered in this review. All of the featured sinks come in at around the 300 dollar mark, meaning that the brand name and features are more crucial to consider – but that doesn’t mean there isn’t price variation.
In truth, you could purchase a quality top mount metal sink for under $100, but it wouldn’t be one of the best sinks on the market. Chances are you will run into problems with rust, drainage, denting, and leaks. Low-priced sinks might work well for a while, but they aren’t a long-term investment.
Similarly, you could pay upwards of $1000 for a top mount basin, but it wouldn’t necessarily grant you any more features or longevity from the product, in our view. At some point, there’s a limit to how much value you can add to a sink product, and it becomes about mark-up, so mid-range prices are recommended.
This guide covers the best of these top mount steel sinks on the market, so stainless steel is the primary material. Ceramic sinks are popular and can work well in some situations, but they don’t always provide the same resilience and longevity that stainless steel ones can. There are also some variations with steel.
When looking at any quality top mount metal sink on offer, it’s worth considering the quality and design of the steel. There is little difference in stainless steel manufacturing, but its intended purpose and overall quality can influence the overall quality and design. You don’t want the steel to dent or rust.
If you choose a top mount sink with a high gauge, it is more likely to bow and dent after a short time. Conversely, a low gauge can last for decades without a trace. If the steel has a brushed finish, it will be scratch-proof and blend nicely with your interior decoration.
Durability is related to the manufacturing process, the brand, and the type of stainless steel processes used. For example, the mid-range sinks in the review can last for up to 30 years before you need to replace them.
Factors that affect the durability of your sink include the gauge of the steel and the way the steel is coated and finished. If rust or corrosion starts to appear on your sink, it signals the death of the metal. However, it shouldn’t happen on the products reviewed since they use brushed-finish stainless steel.
Occasionally, a sink you’ve recently installed might present some rust! This is unfortunate, but it’s probably a consequence of where the sink has been installed or what chemicals have been used in the sink. Certain cleaning chemicals will react with the steel and cause it to corrode prematurely.
Whether you need a quality metal sink for your kitchen at home or your office in a commercial building, there will be one to suit the dimensions you require. We’ve done our best in this review to cover a full range of sinks for all purposes, and you can see the variety of sizes on offer.
Quality steel sinks might vary quite a lot in terms of their surface width and interior width, but there is very little variation in depth. The sinks on this list are all 10-inches deep, enough to hold around 20 average-sized plates, but sometimes, a sink will have other dimensions to consider.
Take the KINGBO Freestanding Kitchen Sink, for instance. This product is designed to fit into most spaces, so its measurements go beyond the standard dimensions of a sink. When making your buying decisions, you need to think about this, as it could lead to wasted space or dysfunctional positioning.
You might wonder what technology has to do with kitchen sinks; in reality, the big brand manufacturers work tirelessly to innovate their materials and products to get an edge in a very competitive market. As a result, the kitchen sinks in this review have many technological innovations.
Ruvati uses thick rubber padding underneath the sink to absorb running water noise and prevent the buildup of condensation that can cause rust. Unfortunately, not every sink uses this technology, and that is evident from some other online reviews.
Further technological innovations include a sloped bottom and laser-guided grooves that help guide water into the drain. Again, not every product uses this technology but those that do have a slight edge in the market. It means there is less water accumulation and minor staining as a result.
How do you determine the overall quality of the sink you intend to buy? Do you look at how the metal is finished, the innovations the brand has made in the product design, or perhaps the product’s durability from customer reviews? The answer is probably a combination of everything.
To determine the quality of the product before making your final decision, you first have to take a step back and think about the product objectively. You are probably considering this item because it fits your immediate needs and has some nice features, but what is its true quality?
To determine this, you want to look at the materials used in manufacturing, the manufacturing process, and the product’s durability. But, of course, the price will also determine the quality; when you spend around $300 on a steel sink, you can expect it to last a few decades and not rust.
Kitchen sinks are designed to be practical and user-friendly; that said, some are easier to use and easier to clean than others. The first thing you want to consider is the size of the sink. There’s no point in having a sink that’s too large for your kitchen since it reduces your functional countertop area.
After size, you might want to look at the features of the sink. For example, is it freestanding with additional storage space underneath, or is it a double bowl model that offers some neat technology to keep it clean and prevent staining? You might also want to consider the sink bowl shape and corners.
You will find some variation in the sink bowls’ design; some are single, others have a double bowl. Some are also rounded, while others are squared off.
Most people find the rounded sink bowls far easier to clean, which reduces any water buildup and prevents long-term sink staining. The corners are also important for freestanding units.
Noise might not be the first thing that comes to mind when researching a sink for your kitchen or office, but it is one of the considerations you will wish you made if your new sink doesn’t have noise-reducing capabilities.
This is because the water flowing into the sink can be loud and overbearing at times unless you have a low-divide sink.
That’s why brands like Ruvati use noise-reducing technology. The design is fairly simple but very effective. There is an undercoating that works as a sound guard and thick rubber padding that significantly reduces the sound of the water flow. It also reduces condensation.
This innovation is so successful that many of the leading sink brands offer it as a standard feature. It’s something to look out for when you’re trying to decide on a model. Do you want a high tinny water sound every time you switch on the faucet or a low din that doesn’t bother you?
Where do you intend to install the new sink? Will it be in your kitchen or your utility room at home, your employee office at your commercial premises, or in a spare toilet somewhere. What will be its primary function? Do you need a double sink, and what is the environment like for its installation?
These are all key questions to answer before buying a new double sink; a little planning makes all the difference and prevents you from being disappointed by the results. Without this foresight, you might find that your sink doesn’t install correctly, which can lead to leaks and rust.
The good news is that there is a sink available for every eventuality; you just have to carry out enough research to know exactly what to buy. Don’t be sold on the standout features, like an integrated soap dispenser; instead, try to buy a sink that’s best suited to your physical environment.
What can’t you put in a stainless steel sink?
You might think that stainless steel is completely resistant to staining -it’s all in the name, isn’t it? But, in fact, there are many ways stainless steel can discolor and rust, especially in top mount sinks. That’s why you need to be extra careful with what you put in them.
You can wash anything in a quality steel sink with a soap dispenser, but remember to take out any steel and cast iron cookware when you’re finished. Steel and cast iron will react with the stainless steel if left there and cause some discoloration. This might also lead to surface rust.
Rubber dish mats and wet sponges must also be removed from the quality steel sink. These items collect and absorb residual water. When left in the sink for long time periods, it causes staining and corrosion that can ruin your sink.
What’s so great about stainless steel?
Stainless steel is used in a wide variety of kitchen products for several good reasons. Although it is not immune to rust, it is highly resistant and works well in areas with lots of excess water. Stainless steel is also heat resistant and very hygienic – another reason it’s used for kitchen sinks.
Any other metal would corrode quickly in the kitchen area. For instance, the residual water in a cast iron sink basin would quickly oxidize and rot a hole through the bottom. Conversely, stainless steel can last for decades without needing to be replaced.
Of course, hygiene is of great importance in kitchens, so stainless steel is used for appliances and utensils. Stainless steel is extremely easy to clean, unlike other metals. There is also an eco-angle to stainless steel because it is cheap to produce and can be recycled.
How can I look after my stainless steel sink?
Your quality steel sink might be the most robust, durable sink metal to use, but that doesn’t make it indestructible. When you don’t look after your quality steel sink properly, it will stain or rust. The good news is there are some simple methods for caring for your sink.
First, make sure you don’t leave any metal objects such as large pots, pans, and cutlery in the sink basin for extended periods. The metal will react and cause staining or rust. Sponges and rubber mats must also be removed to prevent water buildup.
Next, avoid using chemicals to clean your sink bowl; instead, use natural products like vinegar and baking soda – you might find that some chemicals react with the metal and cause rust; you can get special treatment oils to protect the metal long-term; this could be worth obtaining.
Would you recommend stainless steel kitchen sinks?
Quality steel kitchen sinks are by far the best option for your kitchen sink. Unlike porcelain, they are extremely durable and resistant to scratches and chips.
Of course, there are some downsides! For example, stainless steel kitchen sink bowls can dent, bow, and rust, but this material will generally last for 30 years without needing to be replaced.
Stainless steel kitchen sinks are the best option for a kitchen sink or a utility sink! They are highly durable and resistant to scratches and rust if they are treated properly. Depending on the metal gauge, it is also resistant to denting and bowing, occurring in cheaper models.
The top stainless steel kitchen sinks may not be the cheapest ones; they might not be the ones with the most features either. Many factors can influence your buying decision, but it comes down to the right sink for your purposes.
While you will still want to consider the features that different brands offer, it pays to have a strong idea of what you need for your space before researching your options. This prevents panic buying and gives you a little more knowledge about what to look for.
In this review, we have covered the top-quality steel kitchen sinks on today’s market and introduced you to some of the leading brands that offer kitchen sinks with exceptional long-term quality and innovative technology to improve your experience and protect your sink.
Now, it’s over to you. Don’t jump blindly into a purchase based on word of mouth, price, or a sleek sales pitch. Instead, determine what kind of sink you need for your space and assess your options intelligently. We’re confident your final choice will align with one of the items reviewed here.