This post may contain affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a small commission. Thanks.
Some household issues are easy to solve, but some just aren’t – you don’t want to wash the dog in the bath, for instance, but she needs to be cleaned somewhere. It’s fine in the garden on a summer’s day, but what about the winter months?
Other issues can include where to dye your clothing after a mishap at the laundry or where to store your extended family’s dirty plates at Christmas or after a celebration. The answer? A utility sink.
A utility sink is a large basin that was formerly used for commercial purposes, but many homes also have them. Your home might already have a utility sink, but if it doesn’t, you can have one installed or buy a mobile one that can be wheeled around.
Utility faucets come in different shapes and sizes; some are designed primarily for style, while others are wall-mounted and made with functionality in mind. Our top pick is the WEWE single handle kitchen faucet due to its multiple functionalities and stylish design.
Below you will find a complete guide to buying the best utility faucet. We’ll give you a full overview of utility faucets, an in-depth utility sink faucet reviews section, and a handy buying guide. Read on for a full run-down!
What is a Sink Utility Faucet?
Utility slop sinks are used for washing clothes, cleaning up after heavy jobs like gardening, emptying mop buckets, and much more.
If you have a laundry room in your home, it probably contains a large sink, but many homes don’t have them as standard and choose to have them installed on the ground or wall-mounted.
A sink’s multi-purpose faucet is the plumbing fitting used as a hot and cold water outlet. Faucets for utility slop sinks are varied! Some are designed for style in the home, while others are distinctly practical.
Unlike typical bathroom and kitchen faucets, a utility faucet offers a greater range of movement in the utility sink and more flexible usage options.
Since a utility sink is used to wash clothes, dye clothes, clean after DIY projects, and other household activities, you need a laundry faucet that can accommodate a range of movement and different angles.
You might wonder if you can simply use a kitchen sink or bathroom faucet as your laundry room faucet. While this is possible, it isn’t recommended! An ordinary laundry faucet will provide water flow if plumbed correctly, but it won’t give you the same functionality.
You might find washing awkward and frustrating, and try to use your garden hose instead. But even a garden hose might not fit properly on a standard kitchen faucet.
You will find a wide range of faucets on the list below, all with different strengths and possibilities. If you need one that’s functional but doesn’t look like a multi-purpose laundry faucet, check out the DELTA Keele pull down pprayer; for one that’s very durable and super multifunctional, see our best overall pick.
When it comes to the best multi-purpose faucet, there’s plenty of choices, but that doesn’t always make life easy! So first, consider your requirements for a multi-purpose faucet, then read on to see your options. Finally, benefit from our helpful buying guide.
If You’re in a Hurry – My Tops Picks at a Glance
Why Should I Install a Utility Sink Faucet?
Suppose your utility sink has the same number of holes as your kitchen sink. In that case, you could install the kitchen one on the laundry sink and replace your kitchen faucet instead.
In theory, this is fine – however, there are some key differences between kitchen faucets and multi-purpose faucets that you should keep in mind.
Since kitchen faucets are more visible, they need to integrate with the interior design and tend to be more stylish; conversely, a multi-purpose laundry faucet is more functional, durable, and longer-lasting.
If you install a kitchen faucet in your utility sink, it might not last very long until it needs replacing. It will also be much less functional – you won’t have the same range of movement when using the sink for utility purposes, and attachments don’t work as well.
On the other hand, a multi-purpose faucet is specially designed to project the water flow into the sink center and give you plenty of room to work with. Generally, multi-purpose faucets have two designs.
A fixed two-handle faucet model or a pull-down laundry sink faucet has more flexibility for rinsing and cleaning. There are plenty of other differences between utility faucets that we will explore in the product reviews and the buying guide.
It will help if you to choose the best utility faucet for your home. If you don’t have a multi-purpose laundry sink, you won’t require a laundry faucet, but it’s worth considering installing one or buying a freestanding one.
These modern utility sinks are extremely versatile and bring many advantages to your home. For example, it allows you to handwash clothes, bathe pets, rinse pots and pans, and clean areas like patios with your garden hose.
You can buy modern utility sinks or have them installed; if you’re lucky, you will have one already in your home. Whatever your situation, we recommend buying a laundry sink faucet that’s right for you.
The 10 Best Utility Sink Faucet Reviews
- Sleek Design---Tulip kitchen faucet design make your kitchen...
- Multifunctional Outlet Water Effect---3 way spray...
- Easy to Install---Pull down hose and water Line hose...
The WEWE Single Handle Kitchen Faucet is the best of all worlds, which is why it takes the best overall award in our review. This multi-purpose faucet looks beautiful and wouldn’t be out of place in your primary kitchen, but it gives excellent durability and functionality as well.
This faucet is easy to install and comes with multiple functionalities integrated into the product. No plumber is required to install it under the sink – you can fit it yourself using the product instructions. It is also long-lasting and functional with its rust-resistant finish and handy 3-way spray settings.
- Stylish Design – Give your laundry room the same attention you would give the rest of your home with a laundry faucet that is smooth and sleek. This style works with most utility sinks and interior styles.
- Multifunctional Design – What’s the use of a multi-purpose sink if it can’t be used for a variety of purposes? The WEWE faucet gives you three spray settings (stream, spray, pause) for multitasking.
- Easy Installation – Installing a kitchen faucet shouldn’t be difficult or expensive. With the WEWE, you don’t even require a plumber; the laundry faucet can be installed using the instructions in the box.
- One-Handle Faucet – Unlike some utility faucets on the market, the WEWE is a single-handle faucet; this makes installation easier but less versatile when you want to control water flow and hot or cold water.
- Let's start the game !!! The FORIOUS mission: We develop...
- We Care About Your Health: Eco-friendly SUS 304 stainless...
- High-arch Spout Design: 360 degree swivel sprayer and spout...
The FORIOUS faucet is a high-quality multi-purpose faucet that doesn’t cost the earth. Quite literally, in fact, the product uses SUS 304 steel that is eco-friendly and good for your family’s health – but low cost doesn’t mean low quality when you’re talking about the FORIOUS faucet.
This faucet has a pull-down design perfect for a range of uses in the utility sink, making it a dependable option with a generous price tag; add to this its excellent 360-degree swivel sprayer with multiple settings, and you have a sink faucet that’s hard to ignore. It also has a lifetime warranty.
- Excellent Price – FORIOUS has lived up to its promise of delivering a high-quality laundry faucet for a budget price. You will pay around forty dollars for this item, but you might be surprised by its high standard.
- Eco-friendly – This SUS 304 steel product doesn’t waste energy in its manufacturing process and can be easily and ethically recycled after use. steel is also lead-free to protect your health.
- Threaded Spout – The FORIOUS deck-mounted faucet has a high arch threaded spout that gives you range and flexibility in your utility sinks. It has a swivel sprayer with a two-function head for stream and spray.
- High Water Flow Rate – The FORIOUS mission has a hot and cold water flow rate of 1.8 gallons per minute. This is slightly above average and may not suit all uses, but it does complement the pull-down design.
- Commercial Design & High quality: Spring Design, Suitable...
- Overall height: 16"; Spout Height: 3.9", Spout Reach: 6.8"....
- TWO WAYS SETTING and 360 Degree Spout: Two spray modes allow...
If you like the commercial-style multi-purpose faucet and want to bring that design into your home, take a look at the OWOFAN single-handle pull-down sprayer. This is the type of faucet that serves your home well for years – whatever you need to use it for – and doesn’t let you down.
Designed in the style of commercial faucets and to a similar grade, the OWOFAN faucet is easy to install and gives you excellent spout reach. Finished with a nickel coating, the faucet is rust-resistant and responds well to polish, making it easy to clean and less likely to pick up fingerprints from daily use.
- Commercial Design – With 500,000 open and close tests performed on this deck-mounted faucet, it is guaranteed to deliver commercial quality to your home. Enjoy a reliable industry-standard faucet in your utility sink.
- Spout Reach – You need an excellent spout reach in a commercial faucet because of the sink’s varied usage. This is also something you benefit from in the home; no task is out of reach with the OWOFAN.
- Easy Cleaning – The faucet’s brushed nickel coating is shiny and resistant to rust and fingerprints. This is a low-maintenance design that delivers high-level functionality at a reasonable price.
- One-Handle Faucet – The OWOFAN faucet uses a one-handle design that’s user-friendly but fails slightly when it comes to water temperature and flow control. Some prefer a twin handle design.
- Who We Are: We develop kitchen faucet that you can rely on,...
- We Care About Your Health: Eco-friendly SUS 304 stainless...
- We Care About Your Experience: Adjust water pressure and...
Best known for its commitment to customer experience, FORIOUS offers these excellent pull-down utility room sink faucets to the market. Similar in design and functionality to our best overall pick, this faucet makes a list for its highly durable eco-material that is safe for your family and the planet.
FORIOUS understands customer expectations when it comes to utility room sink faucets, which is why they create dependable and functional products. These days, functional also means eco-friendly and long-lasting. People don’t want a material that is contaminating or non-recyclable.
- High-Quality Material – The FORIOUS faucet gives you high-end material that is resistant to corrosion, non-toxic, and eco-friendly. The steel has low production costs and can be recycled.
- Adaptable – The FORIOUS kitchen faucet is made with customer experience in mind. Benefit from adjustable water pressure, temperature control, and fixed or pull-down functionality.
- Multiple Setting – To facilitate all eventualities in utility sinks, the FORIOUS faucet offers three settings for steam, spray and pause. This gives you plenty of options in combination with the adjustable head.
- No Warranty – While it might be possible to secure a warranty on this product depending on where you buy, there are currently no offers available.
- VERSATILE DESIGN: Chrome finish is highly reflective for a...
- CERTIFIED MOEN: Part of Moen's Commerical Product Line
- ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT MANUFACTURER: Authentic Moen replacement...
For a faucet that integrates with any interior style and delivers excellent functionality, take a look at the Moen 8277 commercial faucet. Unlike the other faucets on this list, the Moen has twin lever handles, giving you better control over your faucet’s water flow and hot and cold flow.
Think about when you’re washing delicate clothing in your utility sinks or bathing your pet; you want to get the temperature of the water just right and keep your utility sink area functional. The twin lever handles are perfect for this. But that’s not all; the Moen has a stunning chrome finish as well.
- Twin-Handle Design – The Moen faucet is one of few twin lever handles on the list, giving it a clear advantage. This design helps with utility and control and shouldn’t be underestimated.
- Chrome Finish – You want a faucet that looks good and functions well. The Moen’s simple design and shiny chrome finish allow it to fit in easily with any interior decoration you have in your laundry room.
- Moen Certified – Moen is one of the leading brand names in this industry and tests all its products to a high standard. If it’s Moen certified, you can be sure it’s high quality with spare parts available.
- Twin-Handle Design – To some, this will offer a clear advantage; to others, it causes issues, especially if you’re older or have mobility issues. In this case, you might be better with a single-handled faucet.
- AQUABLADE Design Specially designed pull down sprayer...
- Three Working Modes & Pull Down Sprayer Head Our kitchen...
- Easy to Set Up The kitchen faucet easy to setup in few...
Utility sink faucets are multi-purpose, but without the right faucet, you might spend more time there than you would like. The sink is used for cleaning stuck-on food from dishes and dirt from clothes, but some faucets don’t give you enough pressure to get the job done efficiently. The SOKA does!
The SOKA faucet uses Aquablade technology to increase the flow rate in the faucet and rinse dried food off plates super easily. You will be amazed by the effect of the forceful blade of water that works using three settings. Choose the setting you need to fill water, clean objects, or wash clothing.
- Excellent Flow Rate – This faucet might look the same as some of the others, but it stands apart when it comes to flow rate. The Aquablade technology effortlessly skims off dried in food and dirt.
- Three Settings – The three settings on this faucet give you maximum flexibility for working on different tasks. Never struggle to rinse off dried food with a low flow setting again. Make life easy!
- Rust Resistant – Invest in a faucet that will last you 20 years with the SOKA steel material. It has been rigorously tested to ensure it doesn’t let you down. SOKA also offers a warranty.
- Installation Issues – While the product offers easy installation that anyone can carry out, this isn’t always the case. Some installation issues may lead to cold water only.
- A perfect fit kitchen faucet -Your black kitchen faucet...
- Dual mode setting- Your kitchen faucets with pull down...
- HEALTHY kitchen sink faucet-The SUS304 stainless steel...
Are you into high-spec living? If you are, you’re going to love the WEWE single-handle multi-purpose faucet that excels when it comes to pull-down functionality. In fact, this product is made with functionality in mind and takes every opportunity to increase space and improve mobility.
This faucet also features a dual-mode setting and an excellent pull-down sprayer that allows you to wash pets easily and rinse clothes. A fixed faucet might look nice in your room’s interior, but it might prove limited when you try to use it. A flexible pull-down sprayer gives you full control and autonomy.
- Pull Down Threaded Spout – The pull-down threaded spout offers you complete flexibility when using the utility sink, easily rinse clothes and pets and clean the sink basin with the free-moving flexible toggle.
- Two Setting Modes – Choose between a soft aerating stream and a hard splash-free spray, depending on your task. Setting one is good for filling up basins while setting two is excellent for cleaning.
- User Friendly – Make cleaning more comfortable with the short handle and single handle design. There’s no need to find the temperature balance with two handles; simply move one up and one down.
- Durability – Although this faucet is made with premium steel, it may not last as well as some of the others based on its range of motion. Increased flexibility might influence its life cycle.
- Lever handles
- 6 inch tube swivel spout, hose thread
- 1/2-14 npsf (dryseal) female inlets
A single brass handle faucet is the kind you would expect to see when you walk into a laundry room. It’s basic, made of brass construction, and works tirelessly for any purpose. There’s a reason why these deck-mounted faucets are designed the way they are; brass construction prevents corrosion and lasts.
Most water systems are made using copper piping, but when this copper piping is linked up with steel deck-mounted faucets, it causes a chemical reaction over time. If you’ve ever noticed some blue gunk on your piping, this is why. Using a brass construction faucet essentially eliminates the issues.
- Durable Brass Construction – Choose a utility faucet that lasts by choosing one with durable brass construction. It may not look as stylish as steel but isn’t that how a utility faucet should look? And this one lasts!
- Twin Handles – The twin handle design gives you better control of temperature and water pressure. This is useful when filling up the basin for clothes washing or bathing. Suits mobile people.
- Swivel Handles – When you’re busy with a utility task, it can be annoying to twist and turn handles that aren’t very user-friendly. Swivel handles give you a quick up or down switch off to aid functionality.
- Limited Range – One drawback of this faucet is its limited range. Although the spout does extend to the center of the basin, there isn’t much flexibility. Also, there is no pull-down spout to make life easier.
- Speakman commander wall mounted service sink faucet with 8...
- The Speakman commander service sink faucet line provides...
- The product is manufactured in China
Suppose you have a utility sink in a communal area. In that case, you need a wall mount utility faucet that is secure and reliable. Frequent use by different people can cause it to come loose or degrade over time. The Speakman faucets are the best wall-mounted faucets we could find.
Made from stainless steel with brass fixings to avoid corrosion, the Speakman is a wall-mounted faucet that firmly secures to the wall using an “arm cross” bar to provide additional support. The chrome finish fits well with utility areas and washroom spaces, and its 8-inch center gives you space.
- Wall-mounted – The Speakman faucet is a wall mount utility faucet that secures to the wall with wall-mounted faucet fittings. It uses an arm cross for extra support. You can be sure this wall-mounted faucet isn’t coming off in a high-use area.
- Brass Fixings – Speakman knows the pros and cons of stainless steel and brass; that’s why they have designed a faucet that gives you the best of both worlds. A beautiful finish and rust-free fixings.
- Chrome Finish – On top of the stainless steel finish, chrome plating makes the faucet shine and blends with any interior. Who said functionality has to be basic? This faucet turns that attitude on its head.
- Flexibility – This wall-mounted faucet lacks a range of motion. There is no pull-down head to assist with washing, but you could attach a separate shower head if required.
- Magnetic docking: Magnatite Docking uses a powerful magnet...
- Easy installation: Designed to fit single-hole or 3-hole,...
- Complete flexibility: The low arc design swivels 360 degrees...
If the style of the faucet is top of your wish list, you might have found what you’re looking for with the DELTA faucet. Sleek, elegant, and modern, this faucet wouldn’t look out of place in a posh bathroom, but instead, it’s made for a utility sink. And there’s more; style isn’t the only thing this faucet excels in.
The elegance of this faucet extends beyond the way it looks to the way it functions as well. The docking head snaps back into place with a magnetic attachment that doesn’t droop like certain pull-down models. It is also completely flexible, allowing for a 360-degree motion with a retractable hose.
- Stylish Design – Of all the laundry faucets we have looked at, the DELTA wins on style. It is simple and elegant. If you buy this for a utility area, you might be tempted to relocate it to the kitchen or bathroom.
- Magnetic Docking – Don’t mess about with a pull-down handle that doesn’t fit back into place now and then; the DELTA has a magnetic dock that lets you quickly set the head after use.
- Flexible Design – The DELTA faucet looks completely self-contained, like a fixed faucet, but that’s deceptive. The head comes off and gives you full 360-degree motion and excellent flexibility.
- Installation – While a competent DIY person can install the DELTA faucet, professional installation is recommended to avoid any leaks that might affect your product experience.
Utility Sink Faucet Buying Guide
Utility faucets are available in a range of styles. Many of them are designed with practicality in mind, but this also means integrating with existing interiors. Stainless steel and chrome are popular.
The style of your faucet is worth considering, even if your laundry room faucet isn’t used very often. It makes sense to create coherence in your home. That said, a functional brass faucet can also look great!
If the faucet style is top of your buying list, you might have to sacrifice some functionality for a better-looking finish, but that’s not always the case. Some laundry faucets like the DELTA Keele seem to have it all.
These days, the best utility sink faucets have several designs to suit different uses and preferences. Some are fixed-in-place models that have range without flexibility; others use pull-down sprayers.
You might think that a pull-down sprayer design is clearly the best for a utility faucet, but it depends on your intended use. Fixed-in-place models can be just as useful and might be more durable long term.
Decide what you will use your utility faucet for primarily, where will it be located, and who will use it? These are crucial first questions to answer before settling on a faucet design.
When it comes to the material, there are three broad options to choose from. You can have stainless steel, stainless steel with chrome, or brass. Each has its advantages depending on your preferences.
Stainless steel is the environmental option. Steel is energy efficient to produce and can be recycled in the long run. It is also non-toxic since it is entirely lead-free. Sometimes it’s augmented with chrome.
On the other hand, brass is also an excellent option since it reduces the chances of corrosion in your piping. Some models give you the best of both worlds – this is something to look out for and consider.
It’s best to buy a faucet you can install yourself easily. The good news is that many models are designed for this purpose. They integrate all the fixings into the faucet, so it only needs to be connected up.
That said, it isn’t always easy to install a utility faucet on your own, even when they come with clear instructions. This can lead to substandard functionality, frustration, and some expense.
Consider whether you can install wall-mounted faucets yourself and have a go if you feel confident. Bear in mind that if your installation doesn’t go to plan, the issue might not be the faucet’s quality.
Ultimately what you need is a faucet that functions well and provides you with the type of water flow you need for utility tasks. Most faucets have different functions, but these differ between models.
First, check whether the faucet is fixed or has a pull-down head. Sometimes this isn’t easy to see in the pictures – you have to read the descriptions. Also, check what settings it has and its handle type.
It might help write down a long list of the type of tasks your faucet will be used for; using this list, you can make intelligent decisions about which faucet is best and gain more functionality.
The faucet flow rate describes how much water flows through the faucet every minute. Typical values are between 1.0 and 1.5 gallons per minute. The maximum flow rate is 2.2 GPM.
You will find that most utility faucets have different settings that change the flow rate. Some settings are for filling up the basin and have a low rate, while others are for rinsing and spraying.
Again, determine what the faucet will be primarily used for and choose one with settings that fulfill this purpose. Then, when you prioritize the faucet features, you get one that’s perfectly optimized for you.
Utility faucet attachments can come in handy if your chosen model doesn’t have all the features you want but does provide some primary ones you don’t want to compromise on.
Attachments could be things like a showerhead, a spray head, brass fixings instead of stainless steel ones, or a garden hose. Of course, many faucets already have these features, so it’s worth considering your requirements.
There should be plenty of options in the review section to cover all tastes and requirements, but remember, a fixed faucet without a pull-down head can be optimized with an additional garden hose attachment.
The material determines the faucet’s durability it’s made from and the type of fixings it uses. Installation might also play a role since one that’s easy to install correctly has better longevity.
Stainless steel faucets offer excellent durability but don’t always give you a corrosion-free experience – especially if the fixings aren’t made from brass. A brass faucet might be durable but not attractive.
In some cases, such as the SOKA faucet, you get the best of both worlds. You get a faucet made from stainless steel that’s been thoroughly tested to ensure it last 20 years without any rust.
The utility sink will see a lot of random activity. You might wash your pet in there, but you might also wash gardening equipment, clothing, and stubborn food-stained dishes. So you need versatility.
In this regard, some faucets are better than others. For example, faucets with a pull-down head give you better range and more flexibility, but the settings are also important – what kind of flow rate will you get?
In general, most utility faucets will offer enough versatility for several utility tasks, and with garden hose attachments, you can increase faucet functionality. Also, look for the range of motion and settings.
Finally, what warranty will you get with your device? Some products don’t offer one at all, which could be a sign of confidence, but it’s also a risk if something goes wrong in the first year or two.
A stronger sign of confidence in the product is when the manufacturer offers a one or two-year warranty. It shows they understand the quality of the product and care about customer care.
A warranty might not be a deal-breaker, especially if the faucet ticks lots of other boxes for you. Still, it’s worth considering in the buying process as it’s a good indicator of overall quality.
In general, the best utility sink faucets are larger than standard kitchen faucets. This is because they stand taller and have a larger range in the sink basin – usually around 4-inches in all directions. But the faucet spread can be increased with different laundry faucet designs.
You might find that a utility sink faucet doesn’t fit on your standard sink because of the size of available holes. Similarly, your kitchen sink faucet might not replace your utility faucet adequately. It might be possible to swap them, but it’s best to buy a dedicated faucet.
Utility sink faucets can be replaced easily by a competent household DIYer with the right tools. In fact, most of the utility sink faucets on the list come with installation instructions designed for this purpose. However, while possible, it isn’t always adequate.
Customers of some products complain that installation was troublesome and the results were poor. This creates leaks in the short or long term and results in low ratings in online reviews. If you don’t have much experience in domestic plumbing, it’s always best to call in a professional.
The best overall pick on our list in the WEWE single handle kitchen faucet, topping the list for several reasons. First, it is stylish and modern, but it doesn’t look out of place in a low-use laundry room sink either. Second, it has a pull-down head and several spray settings.
The best single-hole faucet should be as integrated as much as possible, which is something the WEWE effortlessly achieves. This single-hole faucet is a simple and elegant utility sink but extremely versatile and functional when it comes to using utility sinks- a hands-down winner for the best utility sink!
You will find a multi-purpose sink in a pantry or a basement; some homes come with them already installed, while others invest in a mobile one that can be brought in. Originally used for commercial purposes, utility sinks are now common in domestic settings, too – they have a wide range of uses.
Suppose you have recently moved into a house that has a multi-purpose sink and want to make the sink your own. In that case, you will need to buy the best utility sink faucets for your utility sinks.
Buying the best utility sink faucet for your home allows you to integrate the sink with your interior design ideas and choose some functionality that suits your primary usage. For example, if you have a pet, you will want one with a pull-down head and spray setting or attachment for a garden hose.
Choose your new utility room sink faucet wisely, and you will not only buy one that gives you the main features you need for your home, but you will also save money and get more value for money than you expected. Don’t just take our word for it; read what people have to say in the reviews.
Buying the right utility sink faucet for your home has never been easier – no need to scan the internet and compare ones that catch your eye anymore, just read through our buying guide to find the best utility sink faucet for your home.
If you’re mainly looking for a faucet to store, especially outdoors, check out these outdoor faucets.