This post may contain affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a small commission. Thanks.
If you’re looking to compare Kohler’s line of high-quality kitchen faucets, you’re in the right place! Kohler has a wide product range, but there’s no need to be overwhelmed by choice.
I’m here to give you all the must-know information you need to select the perfect faucet for your kitchen.
Read on to learn about the different types of products made by the American manufacturer Kohler, including the Kohler Simplice, which is the best kitchen faucet available due to its excellent functionality and design. This is followed by an in-depth comparison of the top eight Kohler faucets of 2022.
I’ve also put together a Kohler faucet review buying guide – including some handy FAQs – to help you make the right buying choice!
Kohler is an American plumbing product manufacturer founded by John Michael Kohler in 1873. In the company’s 148 years of trading, it has become an industry leader.
As well as drinking fountains and bathroom fixtures, Kohler manufactures tile, generators, engines, cabinetry, and even furniture! Given their years of expertise, it’s no surprise that this US-based multinational is a popular choice for plumbing fixtures across the world. It’s one of faucet brands made in the United States and therefore, it’s high quality.
Kohler Faucet Review – My Tops Picks at a Glance
Now you know about the types of kitchen faucet that Kohler supplies, we can take a closer look at specific products available. Considering design and function, here are my picks for the best Kohler kitchen faucets on the market.
Whether you’d like smart technology or a detachable spray head, Kohler will deliver!
The 8 Best Kohler Kitchen Faucets
- PULL DOWN FAUCET: Sweep Spray faucet creates a wide,...
- THREE FUNCTION PULL DOWN SPRAYHEAD FAUCET: With...
- WHY CHOOSE SIMPLICE: KOHLER's high-arch spout offers better...
Available in vibrant stainless steel, polished chrome, and matte black, the J-596-VS Simplice faucet is the best overall product that Kohler makes.
This kitchen faucet’s 9.63-inch spout (with a single-hole, deck-mounted handle at the base) provides a 10-inch water range, guaranteeing excellent functionality.
It uses ProMotion technology, with a braided hose attached to a swiveling ball joint that awards the spray head maximum movement and allows for comfortable handling in any position. The pull-down mechanism also allows for easy control with one hand, making it perfect for anyone less mobile or chronic multitaskers!
The faucet head itself lets you choose between three functions- stream, boost, and sweep. These functional features allow you to uniquely tailor your usage, meaning your faucet will accommodate your needs, whether you’re washing delicate foods or scrubbing a pan.
This kitchen faucet comes with its hose and spray head pre-installed and flexible supply lines that allow you to hook up the water supply easily. You can also choose between 1 or 3 hole installation, meaning that putting your faucet in couldn’t be more straightforward.
For a durable, corrosion-resistant faucet that will stand the test of time, look no further than the K-596-VS. You’ll be pleased to hear that its reasonable price won’t break the bank, either!
- Easy installation – The pre-assembled hose and spray head makes the installation of this product straightforward. You can also choose between 1 and 3 hole mounts to suit your kitchen’s needs.
- Magnetic docking system – This Kohler faucet uses a magnetic docking system to securely lock its spray head into the correct position. A magnetic spray head is certainly a major selling point of this product!
- MasterClean spray head – Like some of the other best Kohler kitchen faucets, the K-596 Simplice has a Masterclean spray face, making the spray head easy to clean and preventing the possibility of a mineral buildup. If you live in an area with hard water, this faucet is perfect.
- Pull down kitchen faucet style – Though this is generally considered a positive feature, some kitchens may better suit different styles of faucets.
This is one of the best pull down kitchen faucets!
- Touchless on/off with a wave of your hand or an object such...
- Response technology uses a state-of-the-art motion sensor...
- LED light indicates Response is ready to use
If the style is your priority, then I recommend the K-29709 Artifacts faucet by Kohler. This sleek and modern kitchen sink-style faucet, available in multiple finishes, is a part of the Artifacts range, which is inspired by the turn-of-the-century style.
Drawing on the elegance of vintage kitchen design, this Kohler faucet pairs a classic, throw-back aesthetic with modern technology, and the results are unparalleled.
It is a smart faucet, meaning you can turn the tap on and off with simply a wave of the hand or by placing your kitchenware underneath, ready to be filled.
But believe it or not, the impressive features don’t end there. With this kitchen faucet, you can even choose voice control. You read that right—voice control. Similar to voice assistants like Amazon’s Alexa, this means that you can use your faucet just by speaking.
This faucet promises to transform your traditional family kitchen into an integrated Smart Room, allowing you to say goodbye to old-school plumbing and hello to a convenient, voice-activated water system!
Though this faucet is my top design pick for its vintage style, its functionality is impressive. With its clean lines and impressive kitchen flow rate, it’s truly the perfect faucet for a beautiful modern kitchen.
- DockNetik feature – The Kohler K-29709 uses DockNetik technology, which consists of an internal magnetic docking system within the pull-down spray head.
- Smart technology – The voice control function of this kitchen faucet is impressively modern and promises to turn your kitchen into its very own smart hub.
- Vintage design – If style is an important factor when choosing plumbing appliances for your kitchen, then this faucet is certainly for you.
- Expensive – The K-29706’s high-tec features are reflected in its price tag.
3. Best Commercial-Style - Kohler K-77515-CP Tournant Semi-Professional Pull-Down Kitchen Sink Faucet
- SEMI-PROFESSIONAL FAUCET: Spring coil allows you to reach...
- 3-FUNCTION SPRAY HEAD: Includes stream, BerrySoft, and Sweep...
- EASY INSTALL: Hose and spray head pre-installed. Comes with...
My choice for the best commercial style of Kohler faucet is the K-77515-CP Tournant, which offers semi-professional quality at a great price. This polished chrome pull-down faucet comes with a pre-installed hose and spray head, meaning it is easy to fit in your home and simple to hook up to your existing water supply.
In addition to a magnetic docking system that effectively locks the spray head in place, this kitchen faucet has three different spray functions: BerrySoft spray (for washing fruit), Sweep Spray, and Boost, which is perfect for vigorous washing up or quick pouring.
Unlike most non-commercial faucets, this model has a spring coil, allowing you to reach every corner of your sink. It can then be easily reconnected to the base of the faucet.
If you’re searching for durability and professional quality, this Tournant faucet will tick all of your boxes. It even comes with a Lifetime Limited Warranty, meaning that you’re covered indefinitely against manufacturing defects or faulty parts.
- Magnetic docking – Like some of Kohler’s other faucets, this product has a DockNetic docking system that locks the head into place, exactly where you want it. This provides convenience and saves you time in the long run!
- Lifetime limited warranty –This kitchen faucet comes with Kohler’s lifetime limited warranty, which covers you against manufacturing defects and any potential issues that may arise.
- Spring coil – Using a detachable coil, the entire faucet can swivel around, allowing you to reach all areas of your sink with ease. Few competitor products offer this impressive design.
- Single handle design – While many people consider this a plus, some buyers prefer double-handle faucets because they allow more control over water temperature and separate the hot and cold streams.
This is one of the best commercial kitchen faucets!
- KITCHEN FAUCET WITH PULL DOWN SPRAYER: Allows you to control...
- 2-FUNCTION SPRAY HEAD: Includes stream and spray....
- EASY INSTALL: Hose and spray head pre-installed. Comes with...
The Kohler K-10433-VS Forte takes a slightly more minimal approach than the other faucets on this list. It’s built to the same high standard that we’ve come to expect from Kohler, but packs everything into a small, satisfying package.
The faucet features a simple lever control at the rear, which is used to adjust the temperature and flow rate. The pull-down head also features basic buttons to switch between stream and spray modes, which are particularly useful during dishwashing.
Like many of the other options featured today, the Forte has Kohler’s revolutionary “DockNetik” system built in. This docking system securely locks the spray head onto the spout using magnets, ensuring there’s no chance of water going everywhere when you switch on. It also ensures the head snaps back into place when you’re done with it.
Overall, the Kohler K-10433-VS Forte is definitely one of the best single valve kitchen faucets around. If you’re thinking about picking one up, then don’t hesitate!
- Lasting finish – The high-quality brushed finish is corrosion and tarnish-resistant.
- Simple but effective design – You’ll struggle to find a faucet that’s easier to use than this. Despite the simplicity, you get a load of great features included.
- Ceramic valves – These are known to be extremely long-lasting and will vastly increase the durability of your faucet.
- Single handle design – As with the Tournant model above, this faucet only has one, single-handled valve.
- Single, separate lever handle is simple to use and makes...
- All-metal construction ensures durability and longer life
- Washer-less ceramic valuing ensures precise water control...
If you’ve never had a kitchen faucet with a sidespray, then you probably won’t realize just how useful this device can be. The flexible sidespray featured here is extremely flexible and convenient, allowing the user to work with two waterjets at once.
This faucet has plenty of moving parts, but Kohler has clearly focussed on building every component to a high standard. From the brushed nickel finish down to the ceramic valving, everything works together to boost the durability and the functionality of the faucet.
Kohler has included some interesting features with this product. One of the most impressive is the “high-temperature limit”, which lets the user preset a maximum temperature for their water. This eliminates the chance of scalding, making the device even more straightforward to use.
If you’re interested in a faucet with an additional sidespray, then you probably won’t have to look any further than this Kohler product.
- Amazing build standard – The first thing you notice when using this faucet is just how well it’s built.
- Easy to control – The main and side sprays are controlled via a simple lever system.
- Sidespray – The handy sidespray is incredibly useful and is a great addition to this faucet.
- Sidespray takes up extra room – Struggling for space around your sink? Then this faucet might not be the one for you.
- Response technology provides reliable touchless on/off...
- Precision activation window helps prevent false activation....
- DockNetik, a magnetic docking system located within the...
Touchless controls can be a divisive topic in the faucet world, but no one is going to have any problems with the Sensate device from Kohler. The motion controls work flawlessly here – you’ll never find yourself frantically waving around trying to turn off the water flow.
Aside from the state-of-the-art controls, the Sensate has a range of great features. The DockNetik technology makes an appearance here, which is always a welcome addition. Furthermore, the faucet can be powered directly from your wall socket, forgoing the need for batteries.
The Sensate faucet has a simple, single spout design. The body has a high arch, allowing the user to get washing up bowls and pans into the sink with ease. With polished chrome, rubbed bronze, and brushed stainless finishes available, this device is suitable for practically any type of kitchen.
- Seamless touchless controls – Unlike the technology from other brands, Kohler’s touchless technology works perfectly every time.
- High-arch spout – Makes getting stuff in and out of the sink a breeze.
- AC Powered – No need to change the batteries all the time.
- Not the most affordable – Kohler is a premium brand, and they often charge premium prices.
This is one of the best no-touch kitchen faucets!
- SEMI-PROFESSIONAL PULL DOWN FAUCET: Professional-style...
- THREE FUNCTION PULL DOWN SPRAYHEAD FAUCET: With...
- WHY CHOOSE PURIST: KOHLER's high-arch spout offers better...
In the right kitchen, a black faucet can add a ton of character to the room. With a stunning matte black finish, the Kohler Purist is one of the best examples on the market. The unique pull-down design adds even more style and ensures that the faucet will be an eye-catcher in your kitchen.
Aside from the aesthetics, the Kohler Purist is also a highly functional kitchen faucet. The pull-down spray head is extremely effective, and features a range of spray types to choose between. It also has built-in “Boost Technology” which increases the power of the spray by 30% at the touch of a button.
This pull-down kitchen faucet is also very easy to clean. This is a characteristic that is often overlooked by faucet buyers, but being able to maintain your device easily is a big advantage. The removable coil makes the cleaning process even more straightforward.
In summary, if you’re looking for a kitchen faucet with a unique finish and design, then you can’t go wrong with the Kohler Purist.
- Matte black finish – It can be hard to find a stylish faucet with a black finish, but this is one of the best.
- Easy maintenance – Removable coil and a high-quality finish make cleaning simple.
- Three spray functions – Spray head features a range of modes. The boost button is particularly useful.
- Quite pricey – The Kohler Purist is one of the more expensive options on the list.
- Single lever handle is simple to use and makes adjusting...
- Includes 3 interchangeable silicone handles in black, white,...
- High-arch gooseneck spout and 360-degree spout rotation...
My final recommendation on this list of Kohler kitchen faucet reviews is the Kohler Malleco. I awarded this option the “Best For Ease-Of-Use” title, thanks to its intuitive design and useful additional features. One of the best extras is the soap dispenser, which matches the faucet and looks great alongside it.
The faucet itself is very straightforward and is controlled by a single lever. Although some people may prefer more control options, the simplicity of the Malleco makes the device extremely intuitive. Using this faucet is a real pleasure.
With a high-angle gooseneck and pull-down spray head, you’ll have no problems getting the largest pots under the tap. The spray head has a simple touch control that cycles between stream and sweep sprays. Again, this function is responsive and easy to use.
The Kohler Malleco is a faucet that’s suitable for anyone and everyone. The intuitive design is the real benefit here, and the built-in soap dispenser is the cherry on top.
- Soap dispenser – Matching soap unit gives your faucet a tidy and aesthetic look.
- Gooseneck – Easily slide large pans under the faucet for filling or cleaning.
- Spray head touch controls – Switch between the stream and sweep sprays with ease.
- One finish – The Kohler Malleco is only available in a classic stainless finish.
Kohler Faucet Review: How to Pick the Best Kohler Faucet
When selecting one of the many kitchen faucets, there are multiple things to consider. It’s important to have a clear idea of the features and design you’re looking for.
Provided you ask yourself the important questions, it’ll be easy to identify the best Kohler kitchen faucet to meet your requirements!
Kohler is one of our most highly rated faucet brands on the market.
Whatever your personal taste and preferences, an elegant faucet by Kohler is an asset to any kitchen.
Here are some factors to take into consideration when choosing a specific product:
When it comes to faucets, Kohler offers four different design options for you to choose between. These designs are:
- Pull-down faucets: As the name suggests, the spray head of a pull-down kitchen faucet pulls downward when in use. Their flexibility allows for easy cleaning and a powerful water flow, whether you’re filling a pan or washing dishes after a meal.
- Pull-out faucets: Like that of the Tournant, a pull-out design arguably provides you with more flexibility and movement. These spray heads are often able to rotate completely, allowing you to reach every corner of your sink, with magnetic docking technology keeping the head effectively in place.
- Single handle faucets: This design term simply refers to any faucet with one (rather than two) handles. A single handle makes turning the tap on and off easier, which is ideal for anyone less mobile. If you’re usually multitasking in your kitchen, this design will allow you to easily pour water one-handedly.
- Double handle faucets: Many customers opt for a double-handle option for more accurate temperature and flow control. Having separate handles for the hot and cold water allows you to access water even if your hot water runs out or if you encounter issues with your supply of one or another.
Check out our comparison on pull down vs pull out faucets to get more help!
If water temperature control is a priority, double handles are a good idea for your kitchen. Alternatively, if you’re keen to get into all the nooks and crannies with a powerful water stream while washing up, a pull-out faucet will offer flexibility.
With this feature, too, the power’s in your hands! All of Kohler’s faucet finishes are corrosion resistant, ensuring your kitchen stays sparkling new for many years to come.
Though finishes vary between products, Kohler offers different bathroom fixture finish options. These include, but are not limited to:
- Stainless steel
- Polished chrome
- Vibrant polished nickel
- Oil-rubbed bronze
- Matte black
Spout height and reach
Kohler’s faucet selection ranges in their spout height and reach. Ask yourself what height best suits your kitchen and how wide of a reach you’ll require.
Most products, including the Tournant Semi-Professional Pull-Down Kitchen Sink Faucet and the Artifacts K-29709, have a tall spout of well over 9 inches. This gives a spout reach of 10 inches in total.
Kohler products generally come with three spray function options, ranging from a gentle sweep spray to a powerful, directed stream.
For easier washing up, you may consider a faucet that uses sweep spray technologies. Luckily, many in Kohler’s range come with a sweep spray setting.
You won’t be surprised to hear that different models have different temperature control settings. Ask yourself, what kind of new faucet are you looking for when it comes to temperature?
If you want more temperature control to prevent the possibility of scalding hot water coming out of your tap, opt for a double-handled faucet.
Many of Kohler’s models also have temperature memory, which ensures consistency, even when you turn the water off and on again.
As high-end, semi-professional quality products, Kohler’s faucet options guarantee the best water pressure possible.
Most of their products have a MasterClean spray face, which is easy to clean and resistant to mineral collection within the spray head.
The most common culprit of low water pressure is dirt and mineral buildup in your faucet’s filter, but with Kohler’s plumbing products, you don’t need to worry!
The mounting setup you look for will depend on the layout and design of your kitchen. Here are the two different mounting options available to you:
- Deck mounting. Easier to install and then to maintain, a deck-mounted faucet is mounted to your worktop around the sink (a sink deck), generally behind or on top of the sink edge. This is often the only mounting option if your sink isn’t located by a wall.
- Wall mounting. In contrast, a wall-mounted faucet is attached to a wall located behind the sink area. To install these, opening the wall is required, to access your pipe system and water lines. Though they’re easier to clean in general, they are less common in domestic kitchens.
Like with any home goods purchase, you get what you pay for with a faucet.
While cheaper models will do the job if you’re shopping on a tight budget, it’s worth investing if you can. Once your faucet is installed, you can expect it to serve your kitchen for as long as 20 years.
Still got unanswered questions? We’ve compiled some FAQs to clear up any remaining queries.
To get in touch with Kohler, check out the ‘Contact Us’ section of their US website here.
If you have a product question, you can call or text Kohler during office hours (Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-5:00 pm CT): 1-800-4-KOHLER (1-800-456-4537).
Kohler’s site also has a chat function that allows you to contact one of their expert team for other inquiries. This can be found in the bottom right-hand corner of their site, which I have linked above.
Sustainability is important to Kohler, reflected in their goal of net-zero environmental impact by the year 2035.
They are working towards this by offsetting their gas emissions and developing waste solutions that reduce their solid waste sent to landfills. To equalize their impact on the environment, the US manufacturer is creating products that save energy and water on a mass scale, which you can read more about here.
In addition to launching an environmental education campaign, Kohler has also invested in renewable energy, including wind turbines and cutting-edge solar solutions.
Unless otherwise stated, all plumbing products made by Kohler come with a one-year limited warranty.
This covers the products against workmanship defects and manufacturing faults; if your faucet’s parts are missing, faulty, or not performing at the expected level, Kohler will replace them speedily.
Some Kohler products have a longer warranty period. The limited lifetime warranty, found on some products across Kohler’s ranges, is valid for as long as the original purchaser owns their home.
This provides long-lasting peace of mind if you’re a homeowner in North America (the US, Canada, and Mexico) with a Kohler faucet installed.
Kohler’s faucets are often the pricier choice, but this reflects their superior quality.
Sure, you can spend less on a kitchen faucet. You’ll cut costs in the short term, but you’ll end up kicking yourself when your low-budget faucet doesn’t deliver the quality you’re looking for.
You may end up paying out for repairs or even a replacement if you decide to upgrade to a more technologically advanced faucet.
A Kohler faucet is an investment. You’ll pay a slightly higher upfront cost, but in return, you’ll receive a reliable and durable product that will be a staple of your kitchen for years to come.
After reading this complete buyers’ guide, I hope you have all the information you need about the best Kohler kitchen faucets available.
If it’s an all-rounder you’re after, you can’t go wrong with the Kohler K0596-VS Simplice. In terms of style, my recommendation is the elegant and vintage K-29709, from Kohler’s popular Artifacts range.
If your busy home kitchen requires a semi-professional faucet, I’d recommend the K-77515-CP Tournant.
Whatever your priorities are, there are a few key takeaways to remember when shopping for a Kohler faucet:
When it comes to a faucet, it’s worth investing. This plumbing product is something that your family will be using every day for up to 20 years (or even longer). Over this time, small issues with your model may become regular annoyances.
Your faucet has to work for you – regardless of its aesthetic value, there’s no point in having a sink setup that fails to meet your needs. When buying a new product, make sure you know what handle type will best suit your home.
Hopefully this Kohler faucet review helped you find what you’re looking for in your kitchen!